Monday, October 11, 2010

DVR Challenge Begins

With less than ten before my official DVR vacation, I am cramming as much pre-recorded programs into my head before I hit the sheets and wake up tomorrow, October 12th, officially DVR free for 19 days.

The challenge, if I choose to accept, is to commit to only watching live television and Netflix through Halloween night. Trick? I cannot watch any of my shows on DVR, which means I must pick and choose which shows I wish to view and thus, still maintain my social status amongst my friends. Treat? Thanks to a glitch in my cable that allows for east coast feeds of HBO, I might be saved for some of my Sunday conflicts (Yay for Boardwalk Empire being on at 6PM!)

I think it will be a good exercise for me. I want to follow through with my commitment and see what transpires.

I should have plenty of programming to watch (shows that run in the evening, sporting events, Mad Men Season 2 on Netflix), so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Well, that's my hope.

For now, the journey begins...

...just as soon as I wrap up last Sunday's Dexter.

No comments:

Post a Comment