Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Challenge Concludes

Whew.

Wow.

What a relief.

Thanks goodness.

Yes.

Back to reality....as I know it.



These are just a few of the feelings I have as my 20 day challenge against using my DVR is now...complete.

It's been a great ride: full of highs and lows, ups and downs, and lots and lots of live TV.

I definitely learned that it's difficult to give up something you are so used to (like DVR), and how much it affects your life when you do so (like rearranging your TV watching habits).

I mentioned the amount of programs I have to watch in the coming days (weeks) to play "catch up." The mindless act of fast-forwarding through advertisements will be a welcomed treat for me. My intent is to be caught up on everything within a week, and thus, back as a member of the social circle amongst my friends.

So I want to thank you are for joining me on my journey. Hopefully you found my recaps enlightening, or at the very least, humorous.

Some quick recaps to bid you farewell:

  • Rams won today and are now 4-4 at the midway point. They might actually win the NFC West. Talk about a crazy NFL season.
  • Lakers clobber the Warriors.
  • Giants win Game 4 of the World Series to take a 3-1 lead. They can wrap up the title tomorrow night for their first championship since moving to the Bay Area. It would also erase the heartache of 2002 and be the first MLB title I can enjoy.
  • Managed to watch this week's episode of Boardwalk Empire. It keeps getting better and better. Loved the one-eyed sniper, and the fact that Nucky decided to burn down his father's old house, after he got it all fixed up nice and fancy for that family. Sure, a few thousand outta cover those losses. Great stuff.

Thanks for the comments and the dedication to my insanity. I completed the challenge and am looking forward to my next one.

Whenever that arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment