Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DAY 9 Wrap

It doesn't get any better than this.

Fresh off a relaxing day at the Magic Kingdom, I am treated to a great baseball game and a highly entertaining episode of "Modern Family."

Without further ado, let's jump right in with both feet...



NLCS Game 4 - Giants 6, Phillies 5

All I can say is - wow! What a win.

In a game that lasted over 3 and 1/2 hours, my Giants outlasted the Phillies and moved within one more victory of the World Series.

I was sweating it out the whole time. Not that the Giants would or wouldn't win, but if the game would actually end before the 9PM PST of the start to "Modern Family."

It did....barely.

The Giants can wrap it all up tomorrow if they can get past Roy Halladay and the Phillies. It will be a true test, but I believe they can pull it out because the Giants just seem to have his number.

Wrapping up the division before the start of my Thursday programs, however, will be a far greater challenge.

But, let's not ponder on that quite yet, shall we?


"Modern Family"

I continually am just blown away by this show. Week after week, the writing, the stories, the characters - they all get better. And, just when I think it couldn't leapfrog its past hilarity, it does. This week, the show takes an even more personal touch by focusing on my life (at the moment).

Tonight's episode was all about getting off the technology grid....and killing dogs and rats...and getting a baby into a pre-school that costs more than my car.

The Dunphys really could have a show all on their own (insert money-making Summer 2015 spin-off pilot here).

The one-liners tonight were bountiful.

  • Claire's "I have almost no faith in you" whisper to Phil after he promises Haley a car if she wins the unplugged challenge.
  • After discovering Haley tricked him with the "Sharpie-d" soap cell phone, all Phil can say is, "Holy crap. We've been Shawshanked."
  • Gloria as a parrot - "Jay," "Jaaay," Jaaaaaay."
  • "Now the dog is happy, Manny can sleep, and we have peeekles."
  • And of course, the “Disabled Asian Lesbians with an African kicker–didn`t see that one coming."

Modern Family (ABC) Unplugged


Check back tomorrow to see how I manage NLCS Game 5 with the laundry list of Thursday night shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment