Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DAY 8 - Disneyland Break

With any challenge, a warrior who has persevered through the battle trenches deserves a much-needed period of rest and rejuvenation.

In other words, I needed a friggin' break. So that's exactly what I decided to do.

Accompanied by "Mary" and "Dana," my faithful legion and I ascended upon the Land of Disney this afternoon to partake in the (mostly cold and rainy) excitement of the Magic Kingdom.

We understood the challenge: Ride everything in sight, while avoiding the rain, the strollers, and the Japanese tourists.

Armed with only our umbrellas and an appetite for sugary confections, we took on this new challenge and owned it.

Honestly, I love a good challenge. It fills me up with tons of energy and pushes me to the brink of my being both on a mental and physical level.

Even though I was fully engaged in completing the Magic Kingdom Challenge, I still couldn't shake how vexing my original DVR Challenge really was.

See for yourself.




At this point, I was on my way to owning the Magic Kingdom Challenge (MKC). Despite this, I am pondering what's on my DVR. What am I currently missing? How will I be able to catch up? How will I really find out how he met their mother?

"Mary" and "Dana," on the other hand, having already succumbed to the DVR Gods, are thoroughly enjoying Splash Mountain.






Clearly by the end of the day, I have made Space Mountain my bitch. I have destroyed the MKC and am already looking ahead to completing my DVR Quest on October 31st. I shall overcome and destroy this challengee.

"Mary" and "Dana" have conquered the MKC as well, and are already starting their next adventure: rising above sleep deprivation.

Farewell, my legion.


The Don't View Randy Challenge resumes tomorrow with my thoughts on "Modern Family."

No comments:

Post a Comment