Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DAY 16 Wrap

The countdowns are officially on...


Days Left in Challenge: 4

It's the final push towards the finish line. With only 4 days left (two of which are on a sports-filled weekend), the stage is set for me to be re-released back into the wild. My shackles are loosening, and I can taste the recorded freedom in the air.

In all honesty, I'm getting excited for this challenge to be over. Not that I couldn't continue to trek on, but simply, because I actually love the convenience of being to watch shows on your schedule - not on the network's.

There are lots of shows stored safely on my DVR that I will be (fully) enjoying once the clock strikes Midnight on Sunday night.

Some "highlights" include:
  • Two, and soon to be three, episodes of "The Big Bang Theory."
  • Two, and soon to be three, episodes of "South Park."
  • Three episodes of "The Biggest Loser"
  • All the MTV reality junk
  • The entire fourth season of "Mad Men."*
* Note: I have been playing catch-up on Mad Men and am just about the wrap up Season 2 this week. Awesome show. And with Season 3 arriving soon from Netflix, I'll be treating myself to commercial free airings to ring in the new year (and get caught up in all the office conversations).



Wins Remaining for a World Series Title: 3

Giants 11, Rangers 7 (Game 1 FINAL)

So much for the pitching duel between Lee and Lincecum.

In a night filled with sloppy play, bad pitching, and Tony Bennett, the San Francisco Giants opened up the World Series by bitch-slapping the Rangers in Game 1.

The G-Men smacked around Lee and took the opener, setting up a crucial Game 2 in San Francisco on Thursday night.

The Giants wasted no time, and did not let the Rangers hang around long. Probably because they knew I had some "Modern Family" to watch.

A win, is a win, is a win - and the Giants struck first. I like the Giants to win Game 2 and send the series back to Texas for a Saturday evening showdown.



Big Games I'll Be Watching This Weekend: 2

Arizona vs. UCLA @ The Rose Bowl (Saturday 12:30PM)

Rain or shine, nothing says October football like a trip to the Rose Bowl.

Arizona rolls in at 6-1 and needs a win against a banged up UCLA squad that is hungry for an upset. The Wildcats need to win to keep pace with Oregon and Stanford, as well as to maintain their Rose Bowl hopes.


World Series Game 3: Giants @ Rangers (Saturday 3:57PM)


Pending the outcome of tomorrow's Game 2, my attitude will be affected one way or the other about this game. So, to maintain sanity, I won't be jinxing myself talking about it.

The only thing you can bet on is that I will be hustling out of Pasadena to the nearest wing+beer establishment to enjoy the sporty goodness.



Number of Chances: 1

Biggie gimmie one more chance.






And now, onto the one show I did watch live this evening (after baseball of course).


"Modern Family"

I thought the Halloween episode was great. Definitely had a lot of good moments and some hilarious one-liners. From "Spiderman" Mitchell to Gloria's butchered English, the story was all in all, funny.

Some key quotes I liked:

  • "Yesterday's lazy cures today's crazy."
Have to love how Cam said the real Spiderman could help when Mitchell's suit is "all toilety." Cam immediately looks at himself (donning a squeaky, skin tight Spiderman suit) in the mirror and says, "He's here" before shimming down a drainpipe.

  • "Don't push me away, I'm not Judy."
Poor Phil. First, he slams he neighbor, then gets repeatedly scared by a motion-activated mummy.

  • "I'm a monogomous social drinker and Claie only sleep hits me."
Rad.

  • "I'm Mother Teresa back when she was hot."
So wrong, yet so funny.

  • "Baby Cheez-Its."
  • "The whole thing, is a colossal fog cue."
Like I said, really really funny stuff.





And that's a wrap on Wednesday's DVR Challenge recap. It's all downhill from here.


Modern Family (ABC) Halloween

1 comment:

  1. I totally think you should wear that to the office Friday.

    ReplyDelete