Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DAY 1 Wrap

The first night went relatively smooth. Not many shows or conflicts to ruffle any feathers. So after all that...I didn't miss a thing. Watched the Biggest Loser and ate Hot Tamales while the contestants sweat on the treadmill.

Live Show Highlights:

1. Watched 80% of "The Biggest Loser." Seriously, it's so painful to watch this show live. First of all, it's two hours of sweating, pushing Subway in-program commercials, and watching overweight contestants endure a "cupcake temptation" challenge. Then, to top it off, they take 45 minutes to weight them in! I mean, come on! My personal favorite moment was eating a box of Hot Tamales while watching a 350 lbs. 29 year old kid on the treadmill. Poor bastard. I'll have to wait on the final conclusion because I have to shift over to "Running Wilde."

2. Gave "Running Wilde" once last shot. Now I know why I catch it on DVR. I can actually fast forward through the plot in order to watch the commercials. Seriously, it's really not good. I was dying through the first two episodes, but surprisingly had a few chuckles last week. The reason I hang on? Longing for Will Arnett and David Cross from the "Arrested Development" days. I just keep thinking they'll have more dialogue together. Tonight's episode didn't have Cross...so how did it turn out? Well, Andy Richter donned a mustache to play Will's "father figure." Facial hair on a guest star is never good. And this was no exception. Again, like last week, a few laughs, but definitely not enough to save the plot from mindless banter (and several up close and personal homoerotic moments between Will and Andy) that made up the rest of the program. It's only a matter of time before we nail the final nail in the cancellation coffin.

The real challenge will begin on Thursday when I must decide whether to show my loyalty to "The Big Bang Theory" or "Community." Tough call. I'm going to go with the NBC comedy block that night. Or will I?

BAZINGA.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing this. It cracks me up.

    First of all -- we watch Biggest Loser in typically 40-50 minutes on a weekly basis. Between the commercials and all the fluff that show does not need to be two hours long.

    On another note, Running Wilde sucks. Tried it the first week and Brad still tries to convince me it's funny. I don't even think he's believing himself anymore.

    And lastly -- Big Bang Theory > Community. Go with BBT! Also Community can be viewed in a month on the website when you're done with the challenge. LOL

    ReplyDelete