Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DAY 2 Wrap

Prior to reviewing tonight's Hump Day viewings, I thought I should mention that I had a little "celebrity" encounter yesterday. I use the term "celebrity" verrrry loosely, so stay with me. I finally was about to hook a buyer into purchasing my old black tempered glass TV stand from Craigslist. It turns out that the lucky purchaser was the up-and-coming-from-Beantown-lives-in-Los-Feliz-actor, Nick Jandl. Brandishing the cool, hard $50 that I requested, Nick and I had a 20-minute exchange of pleasantries surrounding life in LA, sports, and of course, his acting career. It turns out that this young lad was starring in the next "big" superhero movie, The Green Lantern (releasing June 2011) as the Green Lantern's younger brother, Jim Jordan.



Starring alongside Ryan Reynolds, Nick told me a little bit about the movie, and how much he is continuously frustrated that people he encounters ask how it was acting in the Green Hornet film, which is totally different for two simple reasons: (1) Seth Rogen is the lead, and (2) it comes out in mid-January of next year.





I have a feeling that good ol' Nickster will be dealing with the public's inability to distinguish between the two wonderfully "super" hero actors of "Van Wilder" and "Knocked Up" fame for quite some time. Seriously? These guys are superhero leads? Yikes. I think it's safe to say that the "fan boy" craze has gotten a little stale.

But I digress...

Ahh, Wednesday nights...generally speaking, "Modern Family" is a great way to end a mid-week crisis.

Tonight's episode was good...not great like some of the previous episodes, but still good nonetheless.

Some great one liners once again by Phil Dunphy, and an awesomely tight pair of bike shorts by Cameron. You have to love Jay, and his ability to take over a QuinceaƱera. Some great stuff here.

In closing, I have decided to let the second episode of this season's "South Park" sit in my DVR queue until November. No sense in losing sleep over who killed Kenny, right?

Besides, Thursday is going to be quite a night with "Community," "The Office," and "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." Looks like I am going to have to allow "The Big Bang Theory" and the wonderfully dysfunctional "Jersey Shore" situate themselves in DVR-land for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment