Monday, October 25, 2010

DAY 14 Wrap

Wow. Two weeks.

I have been writing (and you have been reading) this for two whole weeks. I can't believe I have made it this far without watching DVR.

I think the keys to my success (thus far) can really be summed up with one statement:

Lots and lots and lots of great live sports. I believe that I made a good choice on my timing for this great DVR Challenge. College and pro football, baseball playoffs, the start of the NBA...these have all had some type of influence on the way I have conducted myself during this challenge. The main reason being is that some of my normally-watched shows (see: "Hell's Kitchen") have been put on temporary hiatus while Fox broadcasts the MLB playoffs and World Series.

So....that being said, whenever there is a game on Tuesday night or Wednesday night, they won't run any new programming. Bonus! I don't miss much.

But, let's not get carried away...I still have a ton of shows I need to catch up beginning November 1st. But until then, let's wrap up this final Monday of October and my DVR Challenge.


"How I Met Your Mother"

I loved this episode. With all the Barney Baby Talk and the interaction between Marshall and Lilly, this was another solid episode in the season.

I think Marshall touched on every man's fear - raising a daughter that becomes a ho.

Great scene with Marshall's father providing the Ericsson "secrets' to having a healthy, 12-pound baby boy (I cringed when he dipped his sack into the bowl of ice).

Also, Lilly had a very funny line to debunk Marshall's attempt to conceive a baby boy by saying, "Dude, you are writing checks my vagina can't cash."

I was really annoyed by the whole Becky thing...however, that Esther...she made up for in in bunches, especially with her card "trick."

Get it? Trick?

Okay...I'm done now.

Challenge accepted.



No comments:

Post a Comment